Epoch is a live-action roleplaying game set in an apocalyptic time of swords and sorcery. It is a world of warriors, bandits, mages, alchemists, and mystics. The Epoch rules allow for any profession or combination of professions, so the players have total freedom when creating a character.
Dice, cards and hand gestures are never used to determine the outcome of a situation, but rather the players’ own abilities — enhanced by rules in the game. Players really have to fight, hide, and throw spells when playing their characters.
Epoch is a safe, full contact game. Combat is played out with foam-padded weapons, better known as “boffer weapons”. Spells are represented by small throwing bean bags known as “mana”. Even fists are represented by a section of foam tubing.
Epoch uses costumes and huge puppets to represent exotic people, fearsome monsters and bizarre creatures, some of which are operated by two or more cast members!
The following items will be put up at the auction. The descriptions of what the items do will remain a mystery until Sunday. ooooOOOOOooooo
Core Mana Lot
Cloud Mana Lot
Cosmic Mana Lot
Infinite Wisdom: A purple sphere with slowly changing purple mist inside
Diamond Edge: A honing stone to be applied to a weapon
Crystal of Focus: A strange crystal, set in a necklace
Glamoured Steel: An enchantment to be placed on a hat
Touch of Grace: A broach with a picture of an animal
Cloudskimmer Feather: A bracelet with ornate feather charms
Octopus Band: a braided, metal bracelet
Slippery Salve: A small jar, filled with an oily substance
Tattoo Of Truth: A special ink which, when tattooed on the face of somebody, imbues them with the powers of truth
Coward's Bane: A bell engraved with a frowning mask face
Coward's Boon: A set of small bells, held together with a smiling face mask
Silver Tongue Amulet: a silver necklace, ending in a statue of an owl
Idol Hands: These small, clay hands, held together as if in prayer have a magical aura.
Spirit Sprite: This sprite is a fantastical looking little creature that is bonded to one person
Pet Rock: It's a rock...
Cosmic Heart: The small blue jewel set in this ring emanates a soft white light from within
Styptic Agent: This is a magical bottle filled with a thick, light pink liquid
Essence of Mutan: A tube, filled with a softly shimmering rainbow liquid
Cataclysm Catalist: A jar filled with small red stones which seem to replenish as they are removed. Each stone seems to pulse with power
Earthen Divide: A dull red rope with an earthy smell
Chameleon Wisp: A ring set with a red stone that seems to shift in texture while emitting a soft white light
Your executive team has been hard at work addressing concerns players have raised in our game. It is our goal to make players as comfortable as possible in our game environment. This post is regarding one concern that has been brought to our attention more than once. This regards land ownership. Please see our changes and clarifications to owning land, camp sites and building inside Carreg Wynn and the surrounding areas.
Reasoning: It has come to our attention that PC owners of building, or described large locations (on site or off site) have been abusing their powers as owners. For example, banning people from the Inn, or Scholar's Hall. This is technically not allowed, as these are public spaces on site. Additionally, it came to our attention players were not feeling comfortable in public spaces because of building owners. We feel this change can both allow for player involvement in addition to accountability for unethical or unsafe actions. As for the off site ownership, conflict seems to have grown to the point where traditional PC rp has been unable to rectify the solution. Thus our (Epoch Executives) involvement was requested.
There are a few categories we addressed:
1. Owning buildings on site
2. Owning Carreg Wynn; the town
3. Owning land in Carreg Wynn (camp sites, locations)
4. Owning land close yet outside of Carreg Wynn
These were the conclusions we came to:
1. PCs can no longer own buildings. However, we do recognize that someone (PC) needs to make sure no building is overbooked for bunks. A compromised system of Landowner (NPC) and Carreg Wynn representative (PC) has been agreed upon. For example: Jarred, Goblin King's Daughter owns the Inn, they have chosen Steve (PC) to run the Inn in their absence. In game, Steve runs the Inn, Out of Game, Jim (oog person name) only has the responsibility of tracking bunk reservations. The Landowner (NPC) owns the building while the PC representative is responsible for compiling a list of bunk reservations. They may not however pick and choose who gets to sleep there. Building representative is not responsible for building decorations. It is not the representative's responsibility to be part of meal plan.
We request this be the structure going forward. This is specifically for the Inn, Scholars Hall and Enclave. With this structure in place, PCs who choose to, or are chosen (by the Landowner (NPC)) to run buildings are accountable to the Landowner (NPC). If you have any issues or concerns with the building's representative, please contact an executive. Similarly, a representative should contact an executive if they have a problem with someone booking a space in the building they are representing.
At this point, ADs have creative freedom to establish identities of NPC landlords for the Scholar's Hall and Enclave. If you your PC has a strong connection, or oog you are comfortable managing the building's sleeping arrangements please contact the AD to establish your PC position as representative. RP is subject to AD digression.
2. No one person or group can claim ownership of Carreg Wynn. By nature of being an open town, this is an impossibility. Carreg Wynn is open to all NPCs, and PCs, regardless of species, religion, and so on.
3. Players may defend, and own their campsites provided their locations are rep'd and are a reasonable size. PCs must be in game to protect their site at game. For example: Steve reps the Squirrel Hut, because of this rep, they can claim ownership of this location. The location, meaning the hut, picnic table outside, and fire pit space. They cannot lay claim to the road. If they are not at the site and the location is not rep'd the hut is now free game.
Relationship to Sacred Spaces: If there is a Champion, that Champion is the representative, for that elemental, or religious space. The Landlord (NPC) for that space is that locations religious/elemental deity.
4. Owning land close yet outside of Carreg Wynn can be done provided it is in a small quantity, described and consistent. For example; farms. Steve has made connections with a local farm and through rp now owns it. Provided there is a regular correspondence between Steve and the AD for farm maintenance, they own the farm. Land ownership outside of Carreg Wynn must be made open and obvious to all PCs. Land ownership larger than a farm, single forest or equivalent is deemed too much and unfair. For example, local bee keepers can claim to own a single forest, or wildflower field, not all the land/forest/fields a day's walk outside of Carreg Wynn. A single forest, like the West Wood outside of Carreg Wynn or the Wildflower Grove to the South (just creative naming) can be owned. Bee keepers, or another other large group who own land must be made obvious to all other players.
Please contact the AD for outside of Carreg Wynn land ownership. This is requested to be done as soon as possible. When contacting the AD please provide:
1) A description of the land you wish to own, or currently lay claim to own. Example: A field of wild flowers,
2) Name of the Location. Example: Blue Bell Grove
3) Size: 300 hectares (apparently this is the average size of a farm in Canada)
4) Walking distance, and compass direction to Carreg. Example: 3 Hour walk, South West of Carreg Wynn.
5) How it is you have come to own this land: Example bought it from Steve the local farmer for 50 gold
6) How you propose to establish general upkeep of the area: Example visit it once a month, for a general patrol, maybe hire a local to tend to my bee hives in my absence. Check to see if any of the flowers are deceased or wilting. (The use of lifeskills may be requested by AD)
Please Note: The building in game referred to as ‘Frost Hut' is an OOG location. It is not a place on site for land ownership.
Please contact myself or the Executive Team, here, through forum message or through email if you have any questions, clarifications or comments.
The 2017 Epoch Toronto Executive Team
The November event will be from November 17th to November 19th at Woodland Trails Scout Camp Big Pine Lodge (the location where we had the Stillwater event and the Demon Bar event)
The cut off for submissions will be October 11th, and I'll make the announcement at the October event
For your submission, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
1. Your team
2. Any cast you may already have
3. List of expenses that may be required for your event (props, costumes, etc)
4. The elevator pitch of your season's plot (including possible intended conclusions)
5. World lore changes (if any).
6. Any experience with running events if any. If you have none, don't let this discourage you, winter events are a great way to get first time experience with running events
7. Aside from all those reasons, why should I pick your team over another team
As always, feel free to message me with any questions or concerns you may have.
Thanks very much, I look forward to the applications
All current playtest skills with the exception of the Elemental Kin disadvantage are no longer available. The rules committee will review the skills and the surveys and decide which ones will be added to the rulebook by the end of the year.
That being said, we are adding one playtest to this month and next month.
This playtest is something we have designated "Skullduggery"
Skullduggery skills are skills that are done through intuition and daring.
Each skill in the Skullduggery tree requires a set amount of Grit. For the purposes of the playtest, each character will have 3 grit. Grit resets at dawn each day and cannot be replenished any other way
The following skills are available for Skullduggery
Stealth - 2 grit - Enter an out of play state for up to 10 minutes. This skill can only be activated if you are currently unobserved.
Distraction - 1 grit - Allows up to 10 seconds as an out of play state, when used, can instantly enter "Stealth" if they have the skill
Pickpocket - 1 grit - Place a clothespin with a unique symbol on a pocket or bag of the target. Once this has been seen by the target, they must go the ADs who will take the first item that is grasped from the bag/pocket to be given to the owner of the clothespin
Blind - 1 grit - Touch a plaid packet to the ground and throw it at the target to "throw dirt in their eyes" the target must roleplay as though they have had something painful in their eyes for 2 seconds and cannot use any game skills during that time. This can be blocked by goggles but not glasses
Daze - 3 grit - If the target is hit with the pommel of a weapon between the shoulder blades (see knockout) they cannot use any mental abilities (psychic, magic, alchemy, crafting, medic) for the next 5 minutes. This can be blocked by wearing a plate helmet, or by a character with toughness 5. If the dazed character sits down and does not speak or use game skills for 1 minute, the daze effect ends
Hamstring - 3 grit - You must hit the target in the leg and call "hamstring" the target then falls to the ground "as with trip" and the leg is slowed until they receive an earth regrows, healing potion, or attention from a medic (see medic)
Silence - 2 grit - If you hit a target from the front and call "Silence" the opponent has been hit in the throat and cannot speak for the next minute (see strike dumb)
1. Starting in August, it no longer costs any money to full cast for an event! This offer may be used by: the ADs, Perma-cast, and peeps who want to full cast for a single event.
(There is a limit of 10 people per event who may use this $0 pricing - the limit may be increased on a case by case basis with exec permission)
2. The corollary to this is that Mandatory Casting Opt Out now costs $15 per event you opt out of and you may no longer buy Opt-outs with CRPs.
3. The corollary to this corollary is that now full casting for an event earns you 1 Opt-Outoken for each event you cast. You may use 1 Opt-Outoken to Opt-out of 1 event's worth of Mandatory Casting.
3a. You may earn 0.5 Opt-Outokens for 12 hours of continuous casting in one event (but 11 hours or less will not earn you any percent of an Opt-Outoken.) Please track these Opt-Outokens on your Log Chart somewhere, thank you.
3b. If you have been out of the game for 2 years, you are exempt from mandatory casting for your first event back.
4. Full casting will earn you 60 CRPs and 6 XP an event that can be doubled out.
5. You can use any IG skill while casting (eg. meditate, alchemy, smithing, foraging etc. with guaranteed success)
5a. After casting for 2 hours, PCs come back into game with full health and fully repaired armor.
Cost: 20 Dollars for the Weekend Deadline for the Early Bird Draw is Wednesday, June 3rd Deadline for Signing up for Meal Plan is Monday, June 8th If you are unsure if you can make it, please talk to us … Continue reading
Friday Night: Stuffed Pepper Soup Saturday Morning: Pancakes with a variety of Toppings (Berries, Bearnana, Whipped Creme Etc) Saturday Lunch: Sandwich Bar Saturday Dinner: Taco Bar Veggie Option – TVP Taco “Meat” Bearnana cream pie Sunday Breakfast: Variety of Fresh … Continue reading
Friday: Dinner: Mac n’cheese Snack: Spanikopita Saturday: Breakfast: Baked eggs, fruit salad, bacon/some meat Lunch: Cottage pie Dinner: Spaghetti and meatballs Snack: Birthday cake Sunday: Breakfast: French toast casserole … Continue reading
by Bryan D. … Continue reading